Iran contra affair
Start studying iran contra affair learn vocabulary, terms, and more with flashcards, games, and other study tools. One of the most complicated and intrigue-filled scandals in recent decades, the iran-contra affair dominated the news for many months it consisted of three. The iran-contra affair was a political scandal revealed in 1986 as a result of earlier events during the reagan administration it began as an operation to improve u. Iran-contra affair, 1980s us political scandal in which the national security council(nsc) became involved in secret weapons transactions and other. Iran-contra affair, in us history, secret arrangement in the 1980s to provide funds to the nicaraguan contra rebels from profits gained by selling arms to iran. The iran-contra affair was a scandal that happened from august 1985 to march 1987 the scandal involved the united states government selling weapons to iran in. Additional links back to the 1980s iran contra affair (1983 - 1988) the iran contra affair began as an internal us confrontation between ronald reagan and the.
Find a summary, definition and facts about the iran contra affair for kids united states history and the iran contra affair and scandal interesting facts about the. One of the most interesting facets of ronald reagan's presidency was his apparent obsession with the cluster of tiny countries, making up the isthmus of central america. Us history era 23: the 1970s & 1980s (domestic) iran-contra affair (1) council who headed the illegal operations that became known in the iran-contra scandal. Define iran-contra affair iran-contra affair synonyms, iran-contra affair pronunciation, iran-contra affair translation, english dictionary definition of iran-contra. The contras, cocaine, and covert operations including the notebooks kept by nsc aide and iran-contra figure oliver north.
An investigative piece discussing the activities that occurred during iran-contra. The iran–contra affair (persian: ماجرای ایران-کنترا , spanish: caso irán-contra), also referred to as irangate, contragate or the.
Ronald reagan's efforts to eradicate communism spanned the globe, but the insurgent contras' cause in nicaragua was particularly dear to him. - the us sold weapons to iran, a sworn enemy since around 1941, and in return they would help america take back the hostages captured in lebanon the iran-contra. In us history, secret arrangement in the 1980s to provide funds to the nicaraguan contra rebels from profits gained by selling arms to iran the iran-contra affair.
The iran-contra affair (also known as irangate) was a mid-1980s political scandal in the united states president ronald reagan's administration sold arms to iran.
- Directed by david kasper, barbara trent with elizabeth montgomery, jack brooks, barbara honegger, david macmichael.
- The iran-contra affair (operation black eagle, later operation screw worm sometimes called iran-gate) was the result of an arms deal between the united states, iran.
- Best answer: there were a group of hostages in lebanon, taken by people in submission to iran these were men employed by universities and the cia their.
- Iran-contra affair white house, washington march 4, 1987 breaking a three-month silence on the matter, president reagan acknowledged that his.
- Welcome welcome to “understanding the iran-contra affairs,” the only comprehensive website on the famous reagan-era government scandal, which stemmed from the u.
- Find out more about the history of iran-contra affair, including videos, interesting articles, pictures, historical features and more get all the facts on historycom.
- On this day in history, iran-contra scandal unravels on oct 05, 1986 learn more about what happened today on history.
The iran-contra affairs of the 1980s stemmed from the reagan administration’s foreign policies toward two seemingly unrelated countries, nicaragua and iran. Online shopping from a great selection at books store. The most well-known and politically damaging of the scandals came to light in november 1986, when ronald reagan conceded that the united states had sold weapons to.